My friend the wise guru of time management/work-life balance John DeGraaf is putting together this important conference. It’s in Seattle later this summer. Lots of poobahs in the happiness movement will be there…. Here are the details.
HAPPINESS, COMPASSION AND SUSTAINABILITY
—A STRATEGIC GATHERING
With keynote speaker Eric Weiner of NPR, author of
THE GEOGRAPHY OF BLISS
Join activists and experts in a broad-ranging conversation about an old ideal, the pursuit of happiness!
In July, 2011, the United Nations urged all member nations to make “the pursuit of happiness” the goal of their governments and find ways to measure their success. We are meeting in Seattle to plan strategy for putting the UN’s call into action.
Don’t miss this exciting conference exploring the potential of this new movement. At this conference you’ll…
- Learn about the vital new worldwide movement for happiness
- Find out about how you can use the Happiness Initiative to improve your community
- Learn about the connection between happiness and sustainability
- Help plan “Pursuit of Happiness Day” (April 13) for 2013
- Hear prominent authors including Eric Weiner, The Geography of Bliss; Vicki Robin, Your Money or Your Life; Cecile Andrews, Less is More; and John de Graaf, Affluenza.
- Meet leaders of happiness movement in the US, including Laura Musikanski, director of the Happiness Initiative, Tom Barefoot of GNH USA, and Dr. Ryan Howell, creator of the Happiness Initiative survey.
Workshops will explore Happiness and Health, Compassion, Environment, Mental Health, Education, Arts and Culture, Finances, Government, Time Balance, Social Connection, Government and Workplace Satisfaction.
See the full conference schedule: http://www.timeday.org/happiness2012/schedule.html
Special training for community happiness leaders August 23-24:http://www.timeday.org/happiness2012/trainthetrainer.html
Like us on Facebook and share widely! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Happiness-2012-A-Strategic-Gathering/292977507463631
Where: Seattle University
Full conference (includes reception with food and beverages): $55 general/$40 students and low-income.
Day passes (buy at the door if space available): $35/25.
REGISTER NOW, SPACE IS LIMITED! brownpapertickets.com/event/251135
PLEASE RESERVE YOUR ACCOMMODATIONS AND FOOD AT SEATTLE UNIVERSITY BY JULY 15!
For more information contact: email@example.com.